Senior Android Engineer at Uber
Uber is one of our key technological partners and now we are looking together for enthusiastic Senior Android Engineers to join Uber’s team at Sofia and help us build a future where everyone and everything can move independently.
Do you have what it takes to become part of the fastest growing startup and one of the largest microservice deployments in history?
- Design and build mobile experience, tailored for all geographies and products like Rider, Driver, Eats, Freight, JUMP Bikes and other, new Uber products
- Write best in class code and contribute to a clean and continuously evolving mobile architecture, many of this based on RIBs
- Work with some of the most accomplished people in tech. Learn from and grow with the vanguard of Silicon Valley
- Influence other engineers, teams and product managers, impacting the full product lifecycle
- Collaborate with teams from all over the world
- Innovate. Growth brings new complexity and new challenges every day
- 4+ years of experience with mobile development
- Hands-on knowledge of Android and strong knowledge of Java or Kotlin
- Experience building and shipping consumer-facing products
- Applied knowledge of software engineering and best practices such as testing, documentation and code reviews
- A passion for designing, implementing and shipping beautiful user experiences
- A collaborative approach, being open to help team members
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write engineering documents
- Fluent English
Stand out with:
- Hands-on knowledge of RxJava, understanding how it works under the hood and best practices around it
- Experience in iOS development or interest in learning iOS – with RIBs, the architecture is strikingly similar to Android
- Experience or interest in backend development – both at the API level, as well as with services. Our mobile and backend engineers work closely together and we encourage people contributing in multiple domains
- Applied knowledge of coding best practices that minimize tech and architecture debt
- Experience shipping and operating apps at scale to a large number of users, across several geographies and locales
- Experience in the Fintech or payments domains.
ScaleFocus is an European IT solutions delivery center. Enabling our global customer base through technology excellence, R&D and innovation, we are focusing on advanced engineering services and bespoke consultancy in the domains of Digital, Data and Cloud. Through team care and customer success obsession, we are engaging in fulfilling partnership journeys of open communication, respect, trust and drive for tangible business outcomes.
Competitive remuneration package
Training and development
Flexibility with working hours
Transport card or parking lot
Health care coverage for you and your children
Friendly environment, provided by team of great professionals
After your 4th year:
Car leasing covered by ScaleFocus
Additional pension fund
Additional funding for life insurance
Kinder garden/educational expenses coverage
If you find the position interesting and would like to apply send us your CV.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.