Senior Software Engineer at Uber
Uber is one of our key technological partners and now we are looking together for enthusiastic Senior Software Engineers to join Uber’s team at Sofia and help us build a future where everyone and everything can move independently.
Do you have what it takes to become part of the fastest growing startup and one of the largest microservice deployments in history?
As a Senior Software Engineer on Uber’s Sofia Engineering team, you will dig into the complex but rewarding world of money, real-time tax calculation, and reporting, all at massive scale. Your work will help partners be globally compliant and Uber be competitive in highly regulated and complex industries such as transportation, logistics, and food.
- Work on one of the most complex and technology defining projects today. Design and produce services that are efficient, scalable, flexible, and extensible, while dealing with enormous amount of data and transactions.
- Work in a high-power environment and make things happen. Ownership is a first principle at Uber, where you don’t ask for allowance but for forgiveness.
- Work with some of the most accomplished people in tech. Learn from and grow with the vanguard of Silicon Valley.
- Manage scale & reliability. These solutions support Uber’s always-on marketplace.
- Maintaining this platform at scale requires constant investment in security, reliability and monitoring tooling.
- Innovate. Growth brings new complexity and new challenges every day.
- Advanced architecture understanding both on a theoretical level and on an applied level.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices that minimize tech debt.
- Intimate knowledge of the entire web stack (with deeper understanding of the Back-End) and how each piece impacts performance and reliability.
- Advanced knowledge of at least one programming language (preferably Java, Python,. Net) and OOP patterns.
- Commitment to quality, performance and efficiency.
- Experience in taking ownership.
- Fluent English.
Stand out with:
- Good level of understanding of fault-tolerant systems and multi-datacenter / cloud architectures;
- Experience in continuous integration & deployment;
All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ScaleFocus is a technology, R&D and advanced engineering software company. We are focused on digital, data and cloud solutions. Our team delivers custom software solutions and integrates existing leading IT products under bespoke consultancy, managed services and software implementation methodologies. We work on a global level, building industry know-how, innovation and R&D centers of excellence.
Competitive remuneration package
Training and development
Flexibility with working hours
Transport card or parking lot
Health care coverage for you and your children
Friendly environment, provided by team of great professionals
After your 4th year:
Car leasing covered by ScaleFocus
Additional pension fund
Additional funding for life insurance
Kinder garden/educational expenses coverage
If you find the position interesting and would like to apply send us your CV.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.