Software development job at Uber
Uber is one of our key customers and we are looking for a small number of enthusiastic software developers to join Uber’s team. You have the unique chance to become part of the fastest growing startup and one of the largest microservice deployments in history.
As a Senior Software Engineer on Uber’s Sofia Engineering team, you will dig into the complex but rewarding world of money, real-time tax calculation, and reporting, all at massive scale. Your work will help partners be globally compliant and Uber be competitive in highly regulated and complex industries such as transportation, logistics, and food.
- Lead architectural decisions. Propose solutions that Uber will use for years to come;
- Up-skill the Engineering Team. Mentor and inspire junior engineers and introduce process and technologies to help them succeed and grow;
- Contribute at a global level. Based in Sofia, this Uber’s Engineering team work on integration for the overall, global Uber platform. The systems support the entirety of Uber’s tax and compliance worldwide;
- Manage scale & reliability. These solutions support Uber’s always-on marketplace. Maintaining this platform at scale requires constant investment in security, reliability and monitoring tooling;
- Innovate. Growth brings new complexity and new challenges every day;
- Advanced architecture understanding both on a theoretical level and on an applied level;
- Project leadership skills to manage a project impacting millions of users;
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices that minimize tech debt;
- Intimate knowledge of the entire web stack (with deeper understanding of the Back-End) and how each piece impacts performance and reliability;
- Advanced knowledge of at least one programming language (preferably Java, Python,. Net) and OOP patterns;
- Commitment to quality, performance and efficiency;
- Experience in taking ownership;
- Design and business insight;
Stand out with:
- Good level of understanding of fault-tolerant systems and multi-datacenter / cloud architectures;
- Experience in continuous integration & deployment;
ScaleFocus offers IT consultancy and custom software solutions.
We have deep technical expertise in systems integration / business process management, business analytics, mobile development, application modernization, infrastructure virtualization and quality assurance.
Our team believes that collaboration, open communication and integrity are the core ingredients for colleagues’ personal and professional development within ScaleFocus.
Competitive remuneration package
Training and development
Flexibility with working hours
Transport card or parking lot
Health care coverage for you and your children
Friendly environment, provided by team of great professionals
After your 4th year:
Car leasing covered by ScaleFocus
Additional pension fund
Additional funding for line insuranse
Kinder garden/educational expenses coverage
If you find the position interesting and would like to apply send us your CV.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.