Full-Stack Software Engineer at Uber
Uber is one of our key technological partners and now we are looking together for enthusiastic Full-Stack Engineers to join Uber’s team at Sofia and help us build a future where everyone and everything can move independently.
Do you have what it takes to become part of the fastest growing startup and one of the largest microservice deployments in history?
- Design, build and enhance complex web applications both on the frontend and the backend
- Build functional APIs on top of the Uber systems and understand the capabilities and limitations of the systems
- Work with some of the most accomplished people in tech. Learn from and grow with the vanguard of Silicon Valley
- Manage scale & reliability. These solutions support Uber’s always-on marketplace
- Maintain this platform at scale requires constant investment in security, reliability and monitoring tooling
- Keep the bar high on sustainable engineering by following best practices, producing best in class of code, documentation, testing and monitoring
- Work in a high-power environment and make things happen. Ownership is a first principle at Uber, where you don’t ask for allowance but for forgiveness
- 4+ years of relevant engineering experience
- Solid knowledge of at least one OOP programming language
- Applied knowledge of software engineering and best practices such as testing, documentation and code reviews
- Commitment to quality, performance, and efficiency
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write detailed technical documents
- Fluent English
Stand out with:
- Expertise in building customer-facing APIs that follow best practices on key areas such as clarity, security, versioning and error handling
- Previous experience in building large backend systems
- An understanding of how large-scale distributed systems work, including messaging systems and data storage
- Experience in operating large-scale, mission-critical systems and familiarity with things like monitoring, alerting, resilience
- Advanced, inside-out knowledge of at least one OOP programming language
- Applied knowledge of coding best practices that minimize tech and architecture debt
ScaleFocus is an European IT solutions delivery center. Enabling our global customer base through technology excellence, R&D and innovation, we are focusing on advanced engineering services and bespoke consultancy in the domains of Digital, Data and Cloud. Through team care and customer success obsession, we are engaging in fulfilling partnership journeys of open communication, respect, trust and drive for tangible business outcomes.
Competitive remuneration package
Training and development
Flexibility with working hours
Transport card or parking lot
Health care coverage for you and your children
Friendly environment, provided by team of great professionals
After your 4th year:
Car leasing covered by ScaleFocus
Additional pension fund
Additional funding for life insurance
Kinder garden/educational expenses coverage
If you find the position interesting and would like to apply send us your CV.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.